THE PIECE-MAKERS MARKET RULES AND POLICIES FOR SATURDAY MARKET STALLHOLDERS.
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING.
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING.
- STALL FEES: Our monthly Saturday morning markets cost $25 per stall. This must be paid no less than 1 week in advance of the market. You must have had your application approved before you pay for your stall.
- CANCELLATIONS: Your stall fee is non-refundable and if you change your mind or are unable to attend you will forfeit your fee. NO EXCEPTIONS. Your fee will not be held in credit for future markets if you are unable to attend a market for which you have booked.
- SITE PLAN: Spaces are allocated on a first in - first served basis and no spaces are not allocated until payment is received. I reserve the right to exercise absolute discretion with regards to placement of stall-holders on the site plan. Please print out and bring your site plan so that you can easily find your space for setting up.
- SPACE: Tables under the eaves must be NO MORE THAN 2m LONG. Please work together with your neighbours to ensure that you have adequate access to and from the back of your stall. You may not at any time during setting up or trading, encroach on or obscure the space or display of your neighbouring stalls.
- STALL CONTENT: If you have changed the style and/or content of your stalls since your initial application, you must have any new items approved at least 1 week before the date of the market. Please e-mail with photos of your new products at least one week before the date of the market. I reserve the right to decline any product. Do not bring new items and ask me to approve them on the day of the market.
- TIME: Setting up is from 8am to be ready by 9am Please be all set up and ready to start trading by 9am. The market runs until 1pm. DO NOT pack away until then.
- ACCESS: Please observe the exit/entry arrows and signs and enter/ exit the site accordingly.
- PARKING: Cars can be brought into the car-park for UNLOADING ONLY - 10 MINUTES MAX. Then park, for the duration of the market on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD, by the Domain and the church. DO NOT PARK IMMEDIATELY OUTSIDE THE MARKET ON NAPIER ROAD you will probably get a ticket. Shoppers won't stop if they can't park and it also reduces our visibility from the street. Please remove cars as quickly as possible!
- GAZEBOS & UMBRELLAS: If you are using a gazebo or an umbrella it MUST BE very WELL SECURED with buckets of cement or similar. If not I'll have to ask you to take it down. One of these flying out onto Napier Road could be catastrophic.
- BRING: your own table, chair, float and bags and eftpos/credit card facility (if you have one).
- EFTPOS: You are encouraged to bring your own eft-pos/credit card facilities. There will be some small amount of cash available with eftpos inside Hawthorne but the amount they can give us is limited. Shoppers will be able to get money out there for small purchases only. There are ATMs 2 minute's walk away.
- SECURITY: Make sure that your money and valuables are kept safe, especially when setting up and packing down. This is your own responsibility.
- LOOK: Please try to keep your stall and the area around it tidy and as gorgeous as possible at all times. If you have boxes/crates with extra supplies etc, keep them stowed somewhere OUT OF SITE or better still use attractive baskets/ containers that don't need hiding.
- CHILDREN: Children are always welcome but they are your responsibility. Please keep them safe from cars (ie out of the way!) etc especially during setting up and packing down.
- WEATHER: The Market may operate in varying weather conditions but if it is very wet and the forecast is bad, the scheduled market will be postponed until the following weekend. I will make the best decision possible based on the information at hand. Postponements will be announced via our Facebook page and the Messages and Notifications page of this webiste by 7am on the morning of the market. However, you should not apply for a stall unless you are prepared to take the risk on weather. It is the responsibility of the Stallholder to bring their own covers and other equipment for the purpose of protection in adverse weather conditions. If the Market proceeds in the case of inclement or adverse weather conditions, it is solely at a Stallholder’s discretion as to whether the Stallholder will set up or commence trading. The Stallholder must advise me of their intention not to trade, however no refund or credit will be given to a stallholder who makes a decision not to trade, due to bad weather, on a Trading Day. Should the adverse weather conditions occur during trading hours, stallholders shall continue trading until such time as instructions to cease trading are issued at which time pack up may commence. The Piece-Makers Market will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever resulting from adverse weather conditions or any decisions it relation to the continuation of trade during adverse weather conditions.
- ME: I am here to help but please remember that I also have a stall to set up and customers to look after.